Saturday, 13 February 2016

App of the Month: 94%


This app of the month is another game, it seems that I might be in danger of getting a taste for game apps! The following is one that I have rather enjoyed having on my phone for the past little while.

Name: 94%
Category: Game
Price: Free
Available On: Android and iPhone

I apologise if I find this particular game a little hard to explain, please try and bear with me! 94% is a brainteaser, to give a very basic summation. I do tend to enjoy this ‘genre’, if you will, of game the most. Sudoku, chess, mazes, cross words, riddles and puzzles are all things that appeal to me; probably because I like the stress they bring into my life and the sweet satisfaction of thinking how smart I am when I finally crack them. Who cares what my latest grades are if I’m in the top ranks of my Sudoku app? 94% works by posing a question of a theme or idea, which then requires to you to come up with a number of things that other users have responded with in surveys. So it’s basically Family Fortunes, or for any American readers Family Feud, wrapped up into an app. Was that an okay explanation?

This isn’t a game I played by myself however (okay sometimes), it was fun to play with my friends and family. When on long journeys up to Cardiff or waiting in airport lounges we would often get bored of the radio or conversation might temporarily run dry so this worked as a great group game. It was great fun, and we all managed to come up with some hilarious answers in desperation to complete levels. If you really struggle you can unlock letters to the words with the tokens earned from completing previous levels. Some topics are easier than others, while some of the responses can be hard to come up with, no matter how obvious they seem once you’ve got them. There tends to be two kinds of levels; pictures and words. The pictures are usually the easiest, and work well to break up an otherwise potentially monotonous process.


Oh, and of course you can choose to take part in the surveys as they come out, meaning there are forever new levels being added! A game that can never ever be completed doesn’t really fit with me, I like to think I’ve got the end and accomplished something. But I’m sure that’s not the case with everyone as I know other games like this, such as 4 pics 1 word and wordbrain, have been very popular. If you are completing surveys try to make sure not to make life too hard on others with your answers! After experiencing a few very hard final guesses I may have given into the temptation of doing that myself, you all deserved it after all for making my life so difficult! But I’m sure an answer has to be given a minimum number of times before it get integrated into the game – so you probably won’t suffer because of me! I’m both guilt and blame free I promise you.



If you enjoyed this post, have a read about one of my prior apps of the month:

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post so much that I've already downloaded this app, hope I love it as much as you!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I hope you do, let me know what you think! xx

      Delete